Every Friday at the studio we have a sports therapist who takes appointments.
Craig is a talented sports therapist. He helps with flexibility, pain, weak areas and much more. All of our instructors visit him for appointments.
He has helped us get stronger, pain free and much more flexible.
What is A Sports Therapist?
Sports therapists are experts in musculoskeletal disorders. They treat pain and injury through hands-on treatment and rehabilitation. Restoring, maintaining and maximising movement to relieve pain and increase quality of life.
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
- Sport and Exercise Therapy is not just about Sports Massage. However, Sports Therapists will possess massage skills that are an integral part of their scope of practice.
- Sports Therapists are not Physiotherapists, but Sports Therapists will apply “physiotherapy” skills because physiotherapy is defined as “the treatment of disease, injury or deformity by physical methods including massage, heat treatment, electricity and exercise, rather than drugs or surgery”
Sports therapists use a variety of physical techniques and therapies in the rehabilitation and treatment of athletes who are suffering from injuries or illnesses.
Typical responsibilities of sports therapists include:
- Helping to prepare athletes both mentally and physically
- Advising about stretching and warming up exercises
- Giving massages and loosening an trigger points
- Checking injuries and helping to fix them
- Examining and assessing injuries
- Providing appropriate treatment
Sports Therapist Appointments Salford
Contact Us for an appointment
Visit his Facebook page here